Thursday, July 9, 2009

Raspberry Jam

今日は夕方からアンバー(メローのお兄ちゃんの奥さん)とメローの実家の
ラズベリー摘みをしました。
メローの両親が結婚30周年記念で、ハワイに行ってる間、2日に一回は
摘まないと次に実がでなくなるのです。

Today we picked raspberries at Merrill's parents house with Amber and Nick.


かわいいラズベリーたち
Cute Raspberries

見た目がかわいくて、とっても甘くておいしいけど、葉っぱの間に隠れてるので、
摘むのが大変。虫が大の苦手な私なので、ぎゃーぎゃーいいながらの騒がしい庭になってました。
The raspberries are a beautiful red and they taste delicious, but they are hiding in the leaves and there are bugs everywhere. I HATE bugs. I was screaming the whole time while picking.
結局この3倍は収穫できました。
We were able to get 3 times the amount pictured here.



アンバーにちっちゃくしたラズベリーをもらってるかいくん
More like this many. Amber is feeding Kai little chunks of raspberry in the background.
帰ってきて、かいくんを寝かせてから、楽しみにしてた
ラズベリージャムをつくりました。
When we got home from our adventure, we put Kai to bed and I started my fun activity; making raspberry jam.

鍋でことこと、煮込んで、
in the pot cooking



できあがり
finished product


メローの手作りパンと一緒に食べるのが楽しみです!
食べ物を育てる楽しみとか今までしりませんでしたが、
メローの家族が夏になると庭でたくさんの野菜や、果物を収穫して、そしてどれもほんとに
おいしいのです。虫恐怖症をなおして、将来メローとちょっとした
畑をもつのが、夢です。
I am just waiting to eat it tommorow with Merrill's homemade bread. I never knew the joys of growing your own fruits and veggies in a garden, but now when I see all the goodies coming out of Merrill's family's garden I see the pluses to growing your own food. I have a disease that makes me deathly afraid of bugs, but I hope to, with my husband, have a house with a small garden someday.


5 comments:

  1. あのメローパンと一緒に食べたら絶品だろうねぇ!!!昔プランターでイチゴを育てた時、2つだけ実がなったんだけど、帰ってきてから積んで食べようと思って帰宅すると、猫か犬に食べられて跡形もなくなってた。。。。たったふた粒しかならなかったのに、味が分からずその後それは枯れました。。。。手作りの味っていいよね!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. メローって、パン作るの?すごいねぇ!
    ジャム、めちゃ美味しそう♪
    私も超虫苦手だから、気持ち分かるわぁ・・・
    ユタは蛾が多いでしょ。
    一人でよく大騒ぎしてるよ(笑)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good Jam and Bread guys! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that Yuko had trouble with her strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ゆうこちゃん
    悲しすぎる思い出や~ん!子供心に傷つくやんな!
    あれから、ジャム作りにはまって、実家で摘んでは作って、メローのパンにバターとジャムをぬって食べてたらちょっと太った(涙)やっぱり、調子乗って炭水化物と砂糖ばっかり食べてたらあかんな。

    まさみちゃん

    うん、メロちゃんね、まだ初心者だけどがんばってるよ。
    こっちは、蛾と、あとハエと蚊と蜘蛛~~!!!
    ゴキさんがいないのがまだ救いです。
    落ち着いたら一緒にパン作りしようね~!!

    Sheffer R us,
    What?? How do you know about my friend's strawberry story?? You guys are sneaky...lol
    Btw, we miss Bert's pizza!

    ReplyDelete